Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentines 2010


We had a low-key Valentines as usual around here. We don't do much in terms of gifts for each other normall, and this year was no different.  I always have big plans and no money! But that's okay. We did go out for the annual Stake-sponsored Valentine dinner and dance on Saturday night. I usually love going and this year I don't know if I was just tired or if I was not in the Valentine mood or what. The girls had been naughty all day - we had planned to go to lunch with my parents and they cried and whined and fought and wouldn't clean their room for five hours so we had to punish all of us and not go. That put me in kind of a bad mood, but they straightened up later and we decided to let them go to my moms while we went to the dance. We only stayed for maybe an hour though because I had worked the night before, and had to work at 11:00 again. So we didn't take advantage of the dancing, but I am always happy to go out to dinner w/ Morgan plus it was free! Can't beat that!

Earlier in the week I had some girlfriends over for a Valentine brunch, too. That went off without a hitch, unbelievably! I made crepes with strawberries and other toppings. It was fun, and I think much-needed for all of us. For some reason, we all seem to be under a lot of stress right now. Maybe we feed off each other. :) or Maybe we all have the winter dol-drums. I think it's the latter. But we all had a great visit. (I forgot to take pictures, and I was bummed.)

I was a slacker and didn't make sugar cookies this year! I am really disappointed - this is one of my traditions. I guess we'll have to make, I don't know, anti-groundhog sugar cookies or something. Maybe gory ones. :)

I didn't even do much in the way of decorating, I'm not sure why. I'm telling you, I don't feel like myself! For like a month! I did make this however.


Made it and never figured out where to hang it. :) Oh well. There's always next year.

Well I have the day off with my girls - Sadie is out of school, so we're going to go figure out something awesome to do! :) Have a great day!

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP