Thursday, December 9, 2010

Update...

How does life get so busy?? And maybe more importantly, why doesn't it ever seem to slow down? Much as I try to take a breather and not have everything scheduled, it never seems to let up!

It's been so long since I updated the blog I don't even have a clue what I've been busy with! Just working and doing photo sessions and being parents and running a household I guess!

For Halloween this year Sadie decided to be Nanny McPhee:



She hated her moles though. :)
Cydnie was convinced she was going to be a minion from Despicable Me:

so Morgan bought a round tube from Lowes and he was going to make her a costume. Of course, 2 days before Halloween we couldn't figure out how to finish it, so we were frantically looking for an alternative for Cyd. Since I am a terrible friend and hadn't returned last year's costume to my dear friend Hope, we had a backup... if only we could find some Dorothy shoes....
went to Wal-Mart looking for some kind of plastic show I could spray paint, of course - and they had a WHOLE RACK! Of actual Dorothy shoes!! Cydnie was in heaven! And I couldn't belive my luck!

And just as the real Dorothy, she has never let them off her feet for a moment since.
I thought they both turned out fun and they both enjoyed their costumes. We went to the ward trunk-or-treat as tradition dictates and then to the grandparents' houses. Got way too much candy as always!


November -

I took a girls' trip with a few friends the weekend before Thanksgiving. We had sooo much fun. I'm so blessed to have fabulous friends. We went to Time Out for Women, a conference with speakers with messages for women, most are gospel-related topics. Boy, did I need it. Lots of messages about Hope and the role it can play in our lives. And besides from the spiritual enlightenment, there was shopping and much, much laughing. Perfect weekend.

For Thanksgiving I got to host it at my house this year. We fed around 20 people from Morgan's side of the family in our basement. We also moved more couches into the basement for visiting and watching football. I had to work at 4:00 that afternoon so i didn't get to do much visiting or watching TV. Disappointing for me, cuz I'm kind of a talker.
But I enjoyed my time there very much! Love my family-in-law.

At the beginning of October we had a house guest - Morgan's nephew Donovan is engaged and we were having his fiance stay with us. The girls loved it - she was so great with them and did their hair so cute. After a while we decided it wasn't working for our family and she has since made other arrangements but it was fun to have her for a while.

As far as December thus far we are enjoying the Christmas season! We've got our tree up and decorated and most things bought and wrapped. (I'll add pictures soon.) The girls are beyond excited. I love this time of year, other than the cold, which I hate. I love parties though - looking forward to the Utah Highway Patrol party tomorrow night and the Big.Annual.Dudley.Christmas.Party (that causes much stress and anticipation) on Saturday!

Oh and regarding my Big News I mentioned on Facebook (no, I'm not pregnant), I'll give details tomorrow. ;)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP