Saturday, January 31, 2009

10-14 I had a 10-50

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa












Well, since I'm such a slacker I have to start from the beginning.

For those of you who don't know I got a new job! I'm working for Utah Highway Patrol dispatching and taking 911 calls. So far I love it although sometimes I get nervous; I want to catch on fast. You know...all the insecurities a new job brings with it.

Last week I had just finished with my overnight shift and was heading home at 7:00 am. I had sent out about 6 wreckers that morning because the roads all over our 3 counties were solid ice due to some rain we had during the day that of course froze overnight.

I have to say I KNEW I was going to wreck before I ever left the dispatch ceter that morning. I just knew it. So when I started fishtailing I just thought to myself, "Oh, this is it. I am really going to wreck." And I stayed quite calm, I think. :) Anyway I went off the road sideways and the car landed on the roof. Glass shattered all over my face and I got some in my eyes and it cut up my hands a little. I had to call my work and tell them I just rolled my vehicle. Looking back it's really kind of ironic. I've never had an accident in my life and I wait until I'm working for the UHP to do it.

Anyway, to keep it short, I was a little scared for a few minutes when I was trapped in my vehicle but once I got my wits about me I pushed out the window in the back hatch and climbed out. A dear lady from our ward was the first one on the scene so when she hugged me is when I finally started crying a little. Then the Highway Patrol officer got there and a bunch of Jensen Emergency responders--I got to meet the people I'm dispatching for in, well, a memorable way. :)

The officer said to me, "This is what you get for calling me out at 5:00 this morning." I have to say that really worked. I've made someone else do it the rest of the mornings! :)

Anyway, everything is 10-4! :) My car, she's dead. But I hated her anyway. (This will really teach me to complain! At least I had a car!) I'll post pics later.

Hope you're all doing well!

11 comments:

janaya January 31, 2009 at 8:21:00 AM MST  

holy cow!! so scary. i'm glad you're ok.

Hillary January 31, 2009 at 9:08:00 AM MST  

Holy crap, I hate that story even more the second time around. Are your eyes and stuff ok? I can't even imagine how scary that must've been. Glad you're ok.

julie January 31, 2009 at 10:20:00 AM MST  

scary!! we watched my brother and sister in law roll their car and it was awful. i'm so glad you were mostly ok.

Ben and Marcie January 31, 2009 at 10:46:00 AM MST  

I'm glad you're okay. That must have been really scary! It was fun going to lunch the other day!

Jackie January 31, 2009 at 1:12:00 PM MST  

What???

Man, I'm glad you're okay!

Mandy January 31, 2009 at 4:53:00 PM MST  

I totally heard about this!!! I happen to know one of those responders! ;) I'm sleeping with him :D

So glad you are ok. Brett said he was impressed at how well you held it all together.

So glad you are ok!!!

-Rachel February 1, 2009 at 7:14:00 PM MST  

Wow I'm glad you're ok. It sounds like it could have been a lot worse. You're so blessed, I'm glad you were in good hands! ;)

Heidi February 1, 2009 at 9:57:00 PM MST  

Congrats on the job!!! You've worked hard to get there!!! Sucky about the crash.... been there done that!!!! I am glad that for the most part you walked away...... Now you can find a new car that you like a little better (you have to find a silver lining--- trust me or you will get swallowed up by life!!!!!) Again I am glad you are ok!!!

-Amy- February 1, 2009 at 11:46:00 PM MST  

WoW! That is crazy! I am so glad that you are ok!!!

Julie H. February 2, 2009 at 7:02:00 PM MST  

Wow!! I'm so glad that you are ok!

Janice February 27, 2009 at 10:58:00 PM MST  

Wow, what an awful experience.
I'm glad you ended up being alright. Scary stuff.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP