Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Heard of a 6 word memoir?

I am so loving this idea.

Legend has it that Hemingway was once challenged to write a story in only six words. His response? “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.” Starting in 2006, SMITH Magazine re-ignited the recountre by asking our readers for their own six-word memoirs. They sent in short life stories in droves, from the bittersweet (“Cursed with cancer, blessed with friends”) and poignant (“I still make coffee for two”) to the inspirational (“Business school? Bah! Pop music? Hurrah”) and hilarious (“I like big butts, can’t lie”).

Our newest book, Six-Word Memoirs on Love & Heartbreak, is a roller-coaster ride through the complexities of the human heart. It's just $10 — bring it instead of a bottle of wine to your next party.


I have a short attention span.
Said to Morgan: new Valentine tradition.
A love note I can handle!
Immediately you start counting the words.
Let me hear your 6word memoirs!
I can't share mine 'til Valentines. (
Sometimes he reads this thing.)



Rushed In, Heart Broken, Love Unattained

Dear me, I'm nothing without you

You send shivers down my spine

I didn't sign up for this

Blind date.. fell in love forever

Life is short. Buy the shoes

Found true love. Married someone else.

Let me hear your love story!

8 comments:

Mandy February 12, 2009 at 6:48:00 PM MST  

OK, so Brett and I are LOVING this! We are all into it and let me tell you... we are GOOD! This is our new Valentine's thing.

We are excited. Can hardly wait.
Hope you and Morgan rock this!

;)

Hillary February 14, 2009 at 8:15:00 AM MST  

Had kids. Went crazy. Worth it.

the meyersons February 15, 2009 at 11:00:00 AM MST  

Dear Hillary. Same here. Medicate me.

Wonderland Girl February 18, 2009 at 2:36:00 AM MST  

High schoool sweetheart, adore him still.

He endures my farts with grace.

Annie Barker February 20, 2009 at 4:05:00 PM MST  

I love your friend Hillary's memoir. How many of our lives does that sum right up.:) Did Morgan write that last one? Talk about true love!

Annie Barker February 20, 2009 at 4:08:00 PM MST  

Oh, I guess it said "HE endures" Alison! You're terrible!

Annie Barker February 20, 2009 at 4:38:00 PM MST  

My love. My life. My everything.

Greco6 February 22, 2009 at 4:05:00 PM MST  

One touch, one kiss, now eternal!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP