Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It Happened.

I happened. I turned 30. And you know what? It didn't kill me after all! :)


The beginning of my birthday was AWESOME!! I got to go to the Regional Womens' Conference with the guest speaker Hilary Weeks. Loved it. Love her! We had had an opportunity last fall to see her at the Time Out for Women and it was sooo great so I was so excited that she came to Vernal. And we got to see her for a little bit longer period of time so it was amazing! Made me want to be a better mom and wife and daughter and try a little harder every day.

After the conference though, reality started to sink in and I was afraid maybe my birthday had no where to go but down!

I wasn't too excited to make the big transition so I decided to have some fun with it: We had a geriatric party at my house. A couple of us dressed up - I had on a red/white polka dot chiffon dress w/ knee highs showing under my dress and big white ugly sneakers on. Jada had on this hilarious shirt - it was sooo perfect and Alice, my other sister-in-law went all out as usual. I swear, any time we ask her to dress up I can't even tell who she is when she gets there!! She had balloons on under her bra and I don't know how she did it but they weren't even and everyone kept telling her they were crooked and she kept saying "When you get old things just start falling one at a time.." It was sooo funny. She had curlers in her hair and she had sprayed it all w/ red with Halloween haircolor. My friends also came to support me turning OLD. :)

We played bingo and did a crossword puzzle with clues about old people and their pasttimes. :) We had lunch fingerfoods, jello (in a jello mold..okay it kinda didn't work but it was a good thought!), and cottage cheese and we ate on those tray-like styro plates that look like the ones you would find in a nursing home!  We had so much fun.

My favorite part was since we were playing bingo the girls got to play too. They had dressed up in their fancy dresses and participated in my big girl party. They loved it. And I loved having them. They are my sweeties and the whole reason turning 30 isn't such a terrible thing!




Nope, I didn't take any pictures.  I decided in the middle of dressing up like that that maybe I didn't want to look like an idiot on such a poignant day in my life....but then I thought, "Oh well!!" But still didnt' need pictures to document it! :)

1 comments:

Hillary April 4, 2010 at 6:59:00 PM MDT  

Sounds like tons of fun. Thank you I feel so much better and more in the loop now! Besides you get more gorgeous every year. You can keep em coming. Love ya.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP