Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Our Little Vacation




We had so much fun in St George this last week! We left last Sunday and came back Saturday. We took the girls down with us and they just had a blast!


The first day was Sunday; we mostly traveled that day - I slept because I got off @ 7 am.


The next day we woke up and hit the golf course! We had so much fun just being outside and enjoying the weather. We just hit balls on the driving range first - both girls were doing really well. I hit some good ones too - I was happy with myself. :) Then we went over to the putting greens and did a game where whoever got the closest to the hole out of the family won. Sadie put us all to shame. She was loving it! Cydnie's ball rolled clear off the side of the hill and she had to run down and chase it for a long time. We were all laughing. Then we told the girls, since there was no one else on the driving range, they could go pick up some of the balls they hit that didn't go very far and we would hit them again. Right when they got over there, the course turned on the sprinklers and sprayed them both. We made them think we did it on purpose. It was hilarious. Later the girls swam for about 2 hours. It really wasn't that warm, but they didn't seem to mind one bit. (I'm sooo mad - I took the camera to the pool twice and still forgot to get any pictures! Dangit!)





(Here's the girls both out w/ their clubs for the first time this year - Cydnie's first time w/ her set since receiving it for Christmas)


Tuesday I shopped around and caught up with a cousin for lunch. The girls swam and swam and swam for about 3 hours! I got in the hot tub and read a book but I wasn't about to swim - it was still too cold for that! Those girls are just crazy. Tuesday my parents came down for the conference too so I got to hang out w/ my mom too.


Tuesday night we went to a fancy dinner with the engineers who designed the plant that Morgan works with. They took us to the Anasazi Grill. It was different and fun. The engineers ordered us a fondue appetizer, and at the risk of sounding exactly like the po-dunk hillbilly from Jensen that I am, it was the first time I've ever had fondue at a restaurant. It was really good! We dipped our veggies in a smokey cheese fondue. Even the girls loved it. (They were gracious enough to let us bring them along, and were sweet to compliment how good they were. To which I replied, "They've been lectured for a solid week about this dinner!") The unique thing about this restaurant is that they bring you whatever you order: fish, steak etc. seared on both sides and then they bring it to you on a hotplate. Then you finish cooking it to your desired doneness. It was very interesting. Actually it was kind of stressful! There wasn't a plate that you put it on when you were finished cooking it, so I was afraid mine was going to get too done! I don't like my steak too done and dry. Plus the plate was kinda small and while I was trying to cook it a big strip fell off, landed on my lap and then bounced to the floor. Right on my new jeans! Dangit! The company made it way fun too. I hit it off with one of the wives and we had a good visit. She had chosen fish and ended up mostly burning it. It was kinda funny.



Wednesday my mom and I took the girls to Pirate Island for the first time. It was really cute. We all liked it. They have water falls and a big screen tv showing a pirate movie and an all-you-can-eat pizza and pasta bar. Plus the arcade. It was really fun. Except for the waitress who had to dress up like a pirate and say, "ARRRRRighty mates!" After we ordered our drinks. Come on. :)



(These pictures turned out horribly because of the dang lighting/new camera difficulties? Not sure what the problem is there...)



Thursday my mom and I met up with my cousin again for lunch, along with her mom. It was good to visit with family we never see otherwise.

That night we went to a steakhouse with my parents and Dean, from Morgan's work. We were all stuffed afterwards. We just went back to the motel. Oh! And we watched The Office and that new show the Marriage Ref. We thought it was pretty funny. And realized our spouses aren't that bad. haha.


Friday we left early and went up to Provo to spend the day and night with some friends - the Barkers there. We went to Carls Jr. for lunch and let the kids play. They have a really big play area. For dinner that night we went to my new favorite place: a Mongolian BBQ!! They have everything you can possibly think of and cook it in front of you - it is sooo good!! Cydnie and I tasted squid. Yeah. I was not impressed but she liked it - she took a huge bite and I bet she was chewing for 10 minutes before she could get it down! Very chewy! :) We had so much fun staying with Annie and Jeremy's family (as always) we watched a fun movie, ate lots of muddy buddies (as always) and yummy cherry Dr Pepper! Thanks again you guys, we love spending time with you!!





I have big plans for these two... just don't tell them! ;)

1 comments:

Annie Barker March 31, 2010 at 10:34:00 PM MDT  

We miss you guys!!!!! Your girls are so cute and sweet. Come back down....I'm feeling like making more muddy buddies (as always:):))Glad you had a fun birthday.Wish I could have been there. I loooved your party theme, so funny!
PS- I'm with ya on your "big plans" for those two.;)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP