Friday, April 23, 2010

Some stuff I've been doing

My "food storage" room was pretty out of hand. Now that I look at the after picture, it doesn't look THAT much better, but at least I know what I have and I know where it is! And that's the point, right?

Before:

After:
We are doing a little better on getting on getting some food storage started - we hit the case lot sale at Smiths. The first thing in the cart? Brownie mix, of course! ;)

I've had this sticker for over a year! It's about time I put it up! I really like the way it turned out.
Freshened up the star because I was bored with it. And I am POSITIVE it won't stay green forever either.

I took one of these classic little cabinets:
And made this to hold the extra toilet paper, bath toys, bubble bath and other crap the bathroom has to store:
I spray painted the outside then mod podged fabric on. I love it!
Also freshened up this old frame with a new coat of white paint and added some ribbons.

I made one of those kids' bow holders that I've been seeing so many of - the girls got a bunch of new clips this last week (Thanks Jada!) and I wanted somewhere to not only keep them organized but keep them from getting smooshed and ugly.  I think this little thing will do the trick.
And last but certainly not least: I painted a big tree on the wall in the girls' playroom using this tutorial. I really like how it turned out, but this picture is totally weird! I'm not a good photographer! This is so not the color of the wall AT ALL. I will be adding vinyl birds and a vinyl quote saying as soon as I get them!

Anyway I have been having tons of fun doing dumb little projects! And don't worry I still have a list twice this long ahead of me! :)

5 comments:

Hope April 24, 2010 at 6:10:00 PM MDT  

the tree turned out cute! "check" one more off your to-do list!

Nancy April 25, 2010 at 10:54:00 AM MDT  

WOW Ali! you are soo amazing every thing looks soo great!

Annie Barker April 25, 2010 at 1:46:00 PM MDT  

A case of brownie mix is always the first thing in my cart at case lot sales too.:) (that and chocolate chips) Come to my house and make it all cute, please. I love all of your projects! The tree turned out really cool.

Lisa April 26, 2010 at 3:05:00 PM MDT  

The tree turned out so cute in their "green" room! You have been busy and I don't know where you find the time busy girl. Cute, Cute, Cute!

Kristin April 29, 2010 at 8:21:00 AM MDT  

Hey I wanted to stop by and say Thanks for the sweet comment on the dadnamedjosh blog. I'm so grateful there was a way we could all come together with the blog and show Kristen and her family that we love them and support them.
ps- your blog is DARLING!! I have zero crafty/artistic ability so I am in awe of these projects. Wow!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP