Thursday, May 27, 2010

More Birthday Stuff

So honestly, this year of birthdays did NOT go as planned. I was kinda bummed, actually. If you know me at all, you know I spend A LOT of time on parties. I love it. It's fun for me. This year we decided to have a "friend, kid-party" seperate from the "family party". This isn't a much different plan than usual except for that usually our friend party for kids includes the cousins. I found out this year that that is the only way to go! We love having our cousins come to the kid party! This year was awful, as far as party planning went! The girls had a great time anyway and that's all that matters but here's what happened: (This might be long and boring. Feel free to skip over and just look at the pics!)

We had planned to have the party at the park - the kid party @ 3 and the family party @ 5. At about 10:00 am it was clear we were not going to be partying outside anytime soon. I called and "reserved" the church house for a backup plan. I had a whole golf themed party planned with a lot of fun little games for the kids. Some of those had to be altered due to the fact that it had to be inside, but that was no problem. We loaded up EVERYTHING in the car to go to the party @ 2 and I went to the house of the lady who is in charge of the building reservations to get the key. (This also happens to be my mother-in-law. Very convenient.) The only problem is, she hasn't been issued a key to the building yet. Not very convenient. So I went to my brother-in-law's house to get a key because he is the Elder's Quorum Pres. He couldn't find his key. I go to the member of the bishopric's house to get a key and he's not home. I track him down at the neighbor's house and get a key. By this time the guests will be arriving in about 15 minutes. I get to the church and go to unlock it when I look over and realize someone is IN the building. It's been UNLOCKED THE WHOLE TIME. AUGHGHHG.
I hurry and set everything up and 3 rolls around. No guests. Then quarter after. No one. So I called one of the guests and she said she wasn't going to make it and the only other person I invited was running late as well. I decide at that point there really isn't going to be much point in getting all the kid activities going, as the family party will be starting in a little while. So! Long story short, no one was able to come to the girls' party... (Later Denise and the girls came over and played in between the two parties and the other girl showed up as well. The kids were all very confused as to why there was no party. It was totally awkward and terrible. For me. Not for my girls, really.)

The family party was fun. It's always kind of a challenge to prepare that much food for people when you're grilling it for 30 people on a grill that only holds 8 burgers at a time while at the same time the pressure I feel to entertain everyone. The girls got great things, our family is so generous!

My favorite part of their birthday as a whole, however was this AWESOME kitchen playset Morgan was able to build for the girls. Honey, you're amazing. Thanks for not only putting up with all my crazy dreams but making them happen!



































Sooo cute, right! I still have to put the little curtain under the sink but we were hurrying to get it painted and finished enough to give to them on Saturday, on top of all the party plans that I was scurrying around doing for no reason. Anyway, lesson learned! Next year it will be even better!

















































2 comments:

Hillary June 6, 2010 at 9:58:00 PM MDT  

Oh my gosh that kitchen set is beyond adorable. You always are able to pull things off so well!

Annie Barker July 1, 2010 at 6:58:00 AM MDT  

Hey, did you put the fabric on it yet? Put up more pictures!!!! And YES we are FOR SURE coming...we look forward to this trip every year.:)Ava wants to know if "Morget" will be there? Haha, I just love how she says his name. See ya in a few weeks!!!!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP