Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Big Birthday Bash Adventures





Phew! May is always quite the month for me. I love to make a big deal out of the girls' birthdays, and they happen to fall in the same week in May. It's so much fun this way, especially because they also have a girl cousin a year older than Sadie who shares the birthday week as well so we squish it all together and have a ton of fun.

Sadie's birthday is first and she wanted to go golfing. The golf course here was closed due to a golf tournament so we loaded up the car and went to Colorado to play their 9-hole course. It was so much fun being together and driving the carts like maniacs and everything but the WIND. Oh.My.the wind. It was the kind that blows spittle out of your mouth and rattles your eyelids. It sucked. And, I will blame the fact that we have no pictures of this day on the wind!

Cydnie's birthday is second and she chose bowling for her activity. Again, we had so much fun being together as a family and in all honesty, Cydnie kicked our butts at bowling (aside from Morgan, who we don't count cuz he has muscles and us girls dont.)

We did get some pictures of this little outing!



Cydnie REALLY knows how to milk the birthday thing. We went to Kmart and it had been raining that day. She splashed in a big puddle and I said, "Don't do that." and she said, "But it's my birthday!" And then when we went bowling I told her to put the bowling shoes on and she put her foot in my lap and said, "You do it." and I said "No. You're big." And she said, "Birthday!" Ugh. Brat. :) I was happy when it was over! I had to remind her, you know tomorrow it won't be your birthday anymore!!

Sadie bowling what looks like is going to be a strike. Plus she's all set for a flood. "My shoes and socks are wet but my pants are bone-dry!"



These are our dorky girls - we love them sooo much! This is their like 4th try and giving each other a hi-five. They finally said, "OK, hold still....one...two....three...hi-five!" hahaha we were laughing so hard.

3 comments:

Annie Barker May 26, 2010 at 10:51:00 AM MDT  

Cute. I wish we could have come up. Happy Birthday to our pretty little friends, Sadie and Sid! We miss you!!!!

PS how did you make that last "high-five" pic look so cool like it's 50 years old?

Annie Barker May 26, 2010 at 10:53:00 AM MDT  

Dang....Cyd! That horrible I can't spell her name!:)Cyd.

Alison May 27, 2010 at 12:11:00 AM MDT  

It's just that the bowling alley really is 50 yrs old. :) j/k

I was playing around on picnik.com. It's fun.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP