Monday, May 3, 2010

What I Love About Jensen

I am so blessed to live where I live!

Here's why:
1. Kids ride their bikes to the bus stop and leave their bikes there all day so they can ride them home when they get off the bus. Isn't that cute? I don't know why I get a kick out of that, but I know the places safe enough to do that are becoming fewer all the time!

2. Asparagus!!
I love picking asparagus with my girls. We all love to eat it - in fact, half of it doesn't make it to the pan! We just eat it raw.

3. Grandma's Farm
It's the ideal situation - I don't have to have a farm and the kids get all the benefits!

This baby colt was born the day this photo was taken!

4. My favorite mountain is the scenery on my drive home.

Okay, this is not the best picture of the girls! Morgan was playing with some new equipment we got for the camera, and unlike Mom he doesn't care what the subjects condition is...ie blue lips, snotty noses!

5. My girls find such joy in all the nature we have out here.

5. The wildlife even more than the plants!! Look at this ADORABLE baby bird!! It's right in our yard. We've been watching the eggs for a couple of weeks now and yesterday Sadie ran in the house screaming like she just won the lottery. We learned that when the mom gets nervous that you're getting near her eggs she starts flailing around and squacking like she has a broken wing. I could not believe how adorable this little fuzzy thing was. The urge for all of us girls to pick it up was nearly impossible to resist! We are excited to watch the other 3 come out and then to watch the little family grow! I wish they would stay forever!




We've also collecting other critters, I guess...
We've had this guy for about a week:



And one of these:


Okay so I probably should've finished with the bird. You know, something a little more cuddly.

2 comments:

Annie Barker May 3, 2010 at 8:38:00 AM MDT  

Good old country living! That was such a nice post!:) We really need to come out for a visit. Ava loves the new members of your family.:) Don't they just make the most perfect pets: little to no clean up, no noise (unless your toad croaks? I love him!)no need of walking, and they hardly eat anything. Just don't make the same mistake I did of leaving them outside in their glass cage to "soak up some sun" for a couple hours...they fry really easy (or like I told the kids die of "old age" really easy when you do that.) Gross right! Okay this was super long, I'm done.

Hope May 3, 2010 at 9:32:00 AM MDT  

As much as I tease you about living there, I gotta admit you have some major perks, especially that view of the mountain! I'm a wee bit jealous...
:)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP