Friday, January 29, 2010

Warning: Depressing Post

You've been warned.

I am not sure how to put onto paper what I'm feeling today. It seems I have not been being a very good person. I didn't realize I was hurting someone and it recently came to light. I have been coming across as someone who feels like I am better than other people and have been rude. I shouldn't be as surprised as I am, but I really didn't mean to act that way and didn't realize I was. I want to say to that person if she cares that I am truly sorry. And I want to say to other people who have been offended by my carelessness that I am sorry to you too. I know apologies without knowing what you've done are rather hollow, at least I've always thought so. But I am not kidding when I say I want to know what I am doing and who I am offending so I can set it right. I am completely serious about this - it has been a rough morning for me where I have been re-evaluating my life and my actions and I am not happy with what I see. I even called someone out of the blue and made a complete fool of myself trying to make sure she wasn't mad at me. (Sorry! I just truly want to fix this.)

My first reaction to things like this is to withdraw. In order to fix it, just go away so I don't hurt people. I know, it's a very immature reaction, but we're being completely honest here, so there it is. I basically want to crawl in a hole. But you know what? I needed to hear it. What better time than the beginning of the new year to have this brought to my attention, right? Time to re-evaulate and re-focus on what's important.

If I have offended you, I would love to talk to you about it. Not here. :) Call me, anytime. And I hope that I have opened my eyes and intend to do better.

I warned ya.

5 comments:

Tari January 31, 2010 at 6:00:00 PM MST  

Awe girl your so sweet I can't imagine you offending anyone! How things work them selves out for you!

Jada February 2, 2010 at 9:47:00 AM MST  

I love my sis in law. I couldn't ask for a better one! I truly mean it.

Hillary February 3, 2010 at 5:04:00 PM MST  

Wow, I really hope you're ok. Someone really got to you. One of the things I love most about you is how you DONT act better than anyone else, you try to always find something good about people and try so hard to be genuine to people you are talking to. I can't think of a time in my life when you could've ever offended me. I love you lots!

Alison February 4, 2010 at 10:41:00 AM MST  

Facebook - the technologically advanced way to offend and be offended.

Denise Williams February 23, 2010 at 1:00:00 PM MST  

DON'T CHANGE!!! I love you just the way you are.


(...I actually typed more, but then I thought "What if someone reads this and is offended?" I deleted it.I'll just talk to you later!)

I understand how you feel.

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP