Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day

To recap Mother's Day 2010:

(Sat) Worked til Sunday 0700
0700-0845 - went home, did the girls hair, showered, got ready for church
0900-1200 - went to church (fast Sunday for us, double-whammy) and taught the 5-year olds. .. In the middle of the night the night before I decided how fun it would be to let the kids frost and decorate cookies for their moms instead of cards. Because let's face it, every mom wants a cookie.  ...Note to self: ideas in the middle of the night regarding big plans for 5 year olds after no sleep should not always be trusted.
1200 - went home and discovered Sadie had head lice.  Spent the next hour combing out and destroying every single one we could find with our eyes.
1300 - went to Wal-Mart ... (is YOUR head itching yet?) and got the necessary killing tools for blood suckers
1310 - stopped at my mom's to wish her a Happy Mothers Day.
1325 - went home and administered hair treatment (I mean, notice this took almost two hours. We combed and combed and sectioned off and combed some more. That kid has a RIDICULOUS amount of hair! ;) )
1500 - cleaned kitchen, emptied dishwasher, fixed dinner
1630 - FINALLY went to bed

so I could go back to work @ 2300 and do it all again tomorrow.

The duties of motherhood don't really take a vacation, huh!

But I wouldn't trade any unpleasant motherly duty for anything! I love being a mom! My kids are the best in the world and they made me feel extra loved on this fabulous Mothers Day! Thank you girls for the wonderful cards and flowers!

2 comments:

Hillary May 12, 2010 at 6:21:00 PM MDT  

Oh my gosh the asparagus stand is my favorite story ever! You are a GREAT mom.

Annie Barker May 13, 2010 at 5:20:00 PM MDT  

Oh Alison! Thanks for the good laugh, but for reals how do you do it!??? You are an AMAZING mom! HAPPY BELATED MOTHER'S DAY! Love ya

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP