Saturday, May 8, 2010

We've All Done This, Right?

Raise your hand if you had a lemonade stand when you were a kid.
















Raise your hand if you had an asparagus stand when you were a kid.















The girls came to me this afternoon (the ONLY good weather day we've had in a LOOONG time, it seems) and said they wanted to "stand asparagus".   
Me: "What??"
Girls:  "You know, stand asparagus. When you sell it to people."
Me:  "Oh heck yeah, knock yourself out."




Adi got stuck with holding the OPEN sign because we ran out of tape and it was too breezy to stay there by itself!


Having a little for yourself is writeoff. You know, you just write it off!



They got a lesson on customer service - me telling them to thank the people and tell them to "enjoy their asparagis".  They took the business on the road as a door-to-door operation too, but no success with that. We only have 2 neighbors who weren't already involved in the business, and neither of them were home. But! Total made for the day: $8.00!! And that is a fortune 500 business in the making, my friends! And another reason I LOVE LIVING IN JENSEN.... (one cute lady in the ward stopped twice!)

Little entrepreneurs. Women after my own heart! ;)

3 comments:

Kandice May 10, 2010 at 8:54:00 PM MDT  

Oh man. I SOO would have came to their asparagus stand! My friend from Jensen actually brought me a whole sack last week and it was SOOOOO good. Your girls are darling, looks like they are having lots of fun in this good weather already-you have a fun summer ahead of you!!! :)

Jada May 13, 2010 at 2:55:00 PM MDT  

I took Adi to the dollar store to spend her well earned money. She was so excited and a great shopper! Thanks for inviting her.

Annie Barker May 13, 2010 at 5:18:00 PM MDT  

Oh my heck that is so funny! Where are our asparagus stands around here!? Do they take orders and would their mom deliver it to my door? Jensen asparagus plus a shopping day with Alison...I'd pay good money for that! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP